Copyright

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Turning 4!

"Feisty Girl" turned four years old on St. Patty's Day.  I was...still traveling.  And not suppose to be home until early Friday afternoon.

However, our second training session wrapped up almost two days early -- which opened the door for me to travel home one day early.  With one quick phone call, I changed my flight and "reworked" my car rentals in both Indianapolis and Minneapolis.  I then called down to the front desk at the hotel that I was staying at to let them know that I would be checking out one day early...and with that the packing began!

I flew out of Indianapolis one day early, jumped into my rental car as soon as I landed in Minneapolis, and then drove home as quickly as possible so that I could surprise my little girl, her big brother, and my husband.  I had bought each of them small presents from my trip and then picked up a birthday balloon bouquet at a local store on my way home.

I then arrived, presents and balloons in hand.  I placed them on the front step, run the doorbell, and ran for the corner of the house nearest our garage...and watched...and waited.  My husband opened the door and saw someone (he didn't realize it was me) lurking in the shadows.  I jumped out and the look on his face was priceless.  I then hid again and he then called the kids down; he told them that there was a surprise for them at the door.  They ran down the stairs, out onto the steps, and were looking around as if to say "well who is all this stuff from?"  I quickly dashed out from my hiding spot, scooped "Little Man" into my arms (he was closest to me!) and then ran to also scoop up "Feisty Girl." 

There were flabbergasted.  In fact, "Feisty Girl" said "Are you staying home now or do you need to leave until tomorrow?"  I informed them that I was home early and wouldn't be going anywhere for four days.  I then unpacked some of my stuff and we celebrated "Feisty Girl's" birthday together as a family that night!

Nearly Home

The presents and balloon bouquet

Looking for the person who made this delivery

Didn't Initially Find Anyone...So Then They Ventured Out to Retrieve the Goodies!
Of course, I was taking pictures and video of all of this...and since no one was expecting me, I don't have any "reunion" photos to share.  But any of you who are parents and have been away from your children and spouse for any length of time can probably imagine what happened after this -- lots of smiles, lots of hugs, and lots of kisses!!

No comments: