Copyright

Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Holiday Without Sickness?

We have had this thing lately where someone in our family always seems to get sick (colds, flu, etc) over the holidays -- either Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years.  So when we started celebrating the holiday with my family late in the day on Thursday, I just had to go and mention how it appeared we were going to make it through the two major holidays this year without anyone being sick.  Que up Murphy's Law...

Imagine my surprise then when at 2:00 a.m. Thursday night (Friday morning) I awake to the sounds of gagging, following by the sound of someone throwing up, followed by the sound of my husband leaping out of bed...sure enough...our son was throwing up.  Mind you, he had no signs/symptoms of being ill at any time prior to this incident.  I'm starting to think someone has it out for us.

So, I've learned to keep my mouth shut (that'll teach me to say no one is going to be sick!) and, thankfully, after my husband and I staying awake to support our son as he continued to throw up from 2:00 - 6:00 a.m., I'm happy to announce that whatever he had has already come and gone (I'm knocking on wood right now) and no one else has caught whever it was that he had.  At this point, we are wondering whether it was something he ate.

So, now we are waiting for the real festivities to being!  I'll be posting photos later...

No comments: