Copyright

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Announcing...The New Baby!

Ha...had ya! :)

Okay, so it isn't a real baby -- but I'm lovin' it all the same.  Here she is...

I have been trying to decide for months which camera to buy, the Nikon D5000 or the Canon T1i.  Being this is my first DSLR and I have no strong preference to either brand, I was open to either.  After much research and even more waiting, I finally took the plunge and just decided to go for the Nikon D5000.  I know a couple of people that own them and love them.  I also know a few who have Canon's and love them.  So in the end, it came down to a spur of the moment decision due to the fact that my research had proven that the cameras are so close in features, durability, reliability, etc. that I felt I could choose either one and I would be starting out with a great entry-level DSLR.  In the end the Nikon won me over.  I liked the way it felt in my hands, the ease of use I experienced in making my way through the menus, and some of the non-vital features it had compared to the Canon.

And here are some of the first photos I took with this new little one!  These were all taken in Auto mode.  The manual is over 200 pages long and I don't have that much free time right now.  Nonetheless, they look fantastic to me...and if they don't to you it is due to this photographers inexperience with anything other than her handy-dandy point and shoot compact camera.

"Little Man" ...after a very long day at his Challenger Sports British Soccer Camp


My beautiful niece, who is spending the week with us


Water beading off the windshield of my vehicle


This evenings gorgeous sunset (my photo doesn't really do it justice though!)

No comments: